Suggestions regarding the `New FTG System`

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions regarding the `New FTG System`

We`re all aware that this `zero ftg = dead character` is intentional to avoid abuses for DN`s future contents. But I think its unnecessary to apply these rules for level 94 and below characters for this system will only slow-down their leveling progress. I see no harm or sign of any abuse possible with non level 95 characters running dungeons with 0 FTG.

> Yes, we can continue leveling our characters during the next day when Daily FTG replenishes but not everyone can wait for that, especially when you`re rush leveling or- have in-game activities already planned out.

"The Fatigue System was a system implemented by the Chinese government to prevent players from spending many hours playing online games and to stop gaming addiction, which was reported to have caused deaths and related crimes in China. In response to this campaign by the government, most Chinese gaming firms integrate a system which allows the control of gameplay time, which includes the removal of in-game reward mechanisms after reaching a particular period of gameplay, which Shanda Interactive Entertainment, the publisher of Dragon Nest in China, implemented as their version of the FTG System."

This system is here to protect us from gaming to death apparently lol..

Comment

well I dont see them changing the new FTG System since we are now the same with other DN Regions.

but I tested it and:
      1,000 weekly FTG + 1,000 Daily FTG is enough to level your character up to Lv93 during 300% Exp Bonus (with RH)

around 85-90 with no RH

Comment

Originally posted by Hitohito View Post
        "The Fatigue System was a system implemented by the Chinese government to prevent players from spending many hours playing online games and to stop gaming addiction, which was reported to have caused deaths and related crimes in China. In response to this campaign by the government, most Chinese gaming firms integrate a system which allows the control of gameplay time, which includes the removal of in-game reward mechanisms after reaching a particular period of gameplay, which Shanda Interactive Entertainment, the publisher of Dragon Nest in China, implemented as their version of the FTG System."

This system is here to protect us from gaming to death apparently lol..
        I do understand their concern regarding this matter but, my personal opinion about this is, It doesnt really makes sense unless they apply this on the user`s IP itself. People can play the same game by creating multiple characters or accounts and play 24/7 (sarcasm). Besides, other MMO games(including some games in China) doesnt have this system. Oh well, guess we`ll have to take things slowly from now on.

Comment

they should have removed all the rewards for any dungeon entry, the fact that most players needs ftg to level up, it will discourage them to play the game, just removing the rewards (even on the chests at stage clear rewards) is more than enough to prevent players from playing their current character, others could benefit this by doing their MQ and SQ for a small amount of gold (quests gives a minimum of 6 silver ~ 15 gold depending on the level of the quest)

leveling up characters without FTG should be able to enter dungeons, as well as Max leveled characters, but with 0 ftg, they cannot participate in nests, join a party, create a party so that they won't be a nuisance, most players tend to join a party in order to troll the players that are searching for party members to do nest.

Max Leveled characters shouldn't receive any form of rewards when entering a dungeon with 0 ftg, so that the only thing they could do to earn gold is to do remote dungeons, wait for it to be complete, or they could do their MQ and SQ to earn gold while waiting the day to past and refresh their FTG.

both leveling and Max leveled characters shouldn't also be able to receive any type of rewards inside the treasure stage (wonderful theme park) when having 0 ftg, in order to prevent this they should atleast save 1 FTG so that rewards will be given to them (if they have 0 FTG, no loots will be dropped in the process when killing the boss, with this they can't spam dark cubes hunt if they dont have atleast 1 FTG)

this is also maybe to discipline players as well as to prevent them from killing themselves by playing too much infront of the computer... spend some time with your beloved family members and relatives and not just waste your time on games.

Comment

This fatigue system shouldn't be implemented in the first place
            It still the the player's fault and decision on whether he will grind like hell or not it , The game doesn't even force you to grind for 2-3 days non stop without even taking a break.
            Players Responsibilities comes first

Comment

• CLYMAX
              CLYMAX commented
              Editing a comment
              thats the problem, most players doesn't act responsible, that is why they are forcing players to be one, even if there are other responsible out there who is affected, you won't be able to stop those who doesn't, teenagers and kids playing this game don't understand the word "responsibiity" at that age, i am saying this because i have been in this situation before long ago and there is this urge of playing even though i cannot do it anymore, that's what you can call obsession, can't change the fact that they will still find a way to keep grinding even with this new FTG system.

also this is a good way to net in some income, forcing some of the cash players to buy some FTG potions in the cash shop, because they know most of those players only have 1 character as their main and doesn't own a strong sub character to grind with

Originally posted by waylink View Post
            This fatigue system shouldn't be implemented in the first place
            It still the the player's fault and decision on whether he will grind like hell or not it , The game doesn't even force you to grind for 2-3 days non stop without even taking a break.
            Players Responsibilities comes first
            IMO, the new FTG system could help players to 'take priorities in their real-life responsibilities over DN'. I see this new FTG system as a possible solution to DNSEA's problems with 'real-cash to gold (or item) trading'. I've known many friends who decided not to have jobs, or make DN their primary or secondary source of income. Real currency to gold trading is extremely popular in my country and having the FTG limit to dungeons cuts off their primary source of Gold. This is why some sellers decide to gear up a single character, create duplicates of the geared character, transfer gears then voila, an almost unlimited amount of Gold for selling.

The FTG limitation simply hampers their ability to farm nilly-willy for TH popular items (like Garnets, Powerstones, etc.) easily farmable by spamming dungeons for days. This could result in a large net-loss in income as they cannot simply 'spam dungeons' now and would force them to stop the Gold selling business entirely and get real-life jobs. Also, having 95 Unique/Legend Gears not server storageable furthers this dilemma for Gold sellers. ED made a bold move, and we are yet to see the effects of this move in the coming months.

Comment

As for a farmer's/grinder's point of view.
              Yes, the ftg system is a drag ever since. But with it's changes we need to adapt. As the new ftg system was implemented, we needed to do more work than the usual so that we could farm items we need.
              The problem with most people who criticize the system is if it became harder for them to farm. So, what they do is that they wanted to be fair to all and let's say stay down on their level of farming. Well, guess what? FTG or no ftg will will not stop a farmer to farm. The game is actually teaching players to adapt. Looking for new ways on how to both farm and level. Unlike before, just look for a booster, pay then do unli runs and u reach maxed in no time. Sadly, because these players (not all) are like booster based, they don't know where they're going, what to do with quests because all they rely on are the booster's decision where to go. In the end, they needed to shout to know the whereabouts of their quests and how to do so because they don't now the place. So, it's like an eye opening for us to rely on our own skills in order to max.

Comment

• CLYMAX
                CLYMAX commented
                Editing a comment
                i agree, i rely mostly on creating different subs that i like and try to do all the daily quest, and nests as many as i can and pass on the riches to my main account, that way while my main doesn't have enough FTG to do some grinding, my other characters could do this without breaking a sweat, the problem is that you need to gear each character in order for you to earn the right amount of gold, passing on Gears to the server storage defeats the purpose of that, leaving you behind less gold earnings instead of investing just enough gold for all of your subs to earn the proper gear to do atleast daily quest with a party, but i doubt you can do nest with such low-end gears (talking about the current cap's gear requirements, atleast +10 Neris would work, +20 would be enough for normal 4man nests)
            Working...
            X